Curbside pick-up is available upon request. The charges will be added to your utility bill.
To schedule a special garbage pickup:
- Call the Streets Department at 319.248.1740 or 319.248.1799 during business hours, or
- Complete and submit an online request for pickup.
Appliances & Electronics
Broken appliances and electronics are picked up by appointment on the last consecutive Thursday and Friday of each month.
|DVD, VCR, laser printer||$5|
|Computer monitor or TV under 17 inches||$10|
|Computer, keyboard, tower||$15|
|Appliances: Air conditioner, dehumidifier, dryer, refrigerator, stove, washer, water heater||$16|
|TV over 17 inches||$18|
Tires are picked up by appointment on the last consecutive Thursday and Friday of each month.
|Car tires (no rim)||$5|
|Car tires (with rim)||$7|
Donate Working Items
Free Pick-UpConsider donating usable items to Iowa Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStore (2401 Scott Boulevard SE, Iowa City):
- Free pick-up
- Donations are tax-deductible
- ReStores sells the items and the proceeds support Iowa Valley Habitat for Humanity
ReStore accepts items in working, usable condition:
- Building & plumbing supplies
- Cabinets & shelving
- Doors & windows
- Flooring & tile
- Hardware & tools
- Mattresses & box springs (new or gently used; for Houses into Homes program)