Experience the wonders of an Iowa winter at Coralville’s annual WinterFest. Since it began in 2008, thousands of people each year enjoy a showcase of winter-time demonstrations, indoor and outdoor hands-on activities, entertainment, food, and frosty fun for all ages.
WhenSunday, January 13, 2019, 1:00-4:00 pm.
In the Iowa River Landing, just off Interstate 80 (exit 242):
- Inside the exhibit hall of the Coralville Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, and
- At various locations in the Iowa River Landing including the Johnson County Historical Museum, Iowa City Association of Realtors, Backpocket Brewery, and Vesta.
All events are free. Canned food donations are accepted and will benefit the Coralville Community Food Pantry.
Entrance & Parking
- Park for free in the Marriott south parking lot off Quarry Road.
- Enter the Exhibit Hall through the south doors of the Marriott. Interior access to the Exhibit Hall is not accessible using the doors to the front lobby during hotel construction.
- Maps and schedules are available at the information booth at the Exhibit Hall entrance.
- Antique car museum and model train club
- Arts, crafts, games, and activities
- Balloon creations
- Bird watching
- Caricature artist
- Concession stand
- Entertainment @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Face painting
- Fat tire bike demonstration
- Food drive
- Fossil display
- Horse-drawn trolley rides
- Hot cocoa @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Indoor snowball fight
- Model railroad
- Native American teepee
- Photo booth
- Police and fire departments
- Printing press demonstration @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Root beer tasting
- Science and medicine exploration
- Silent auction (cash or check)
- STEM education activities
- Wildlife @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- 1:00-1:30 pm: Coralville United Methodist Church Bell Choir
- 1:30-2:15 pm: Iowa City Girls’ Choir
- 2:15-2:30 pm: Native American Drumming
- 2:30-3:30 pm: Music 4 Life
- 1:00-4:00 pm: Magician Rick Eugene
Antique Car Museum of Iowa, City of Coralville, Coralville Fire Department, Coralville Police Department, Coralville Public Library, Country Gentleman's Horse and Carriage Service, Hope Chiropractic, Iowa Children's Museum, Iowa City Bird Club, Iowa City Summer of the Arts, Iowa DNR, Johnson County Historical Society, Model Train Club, Montessori School of Iowa City, Pentacrest Museums, Scheels, University of Iowa Health Care, and University of Iowa Paleontology Repository.
WinterFest is free thanks to the generosity of our sponsors: City of Coralville, Iowa Iowa City Area Association of Realtors, RE/MAX Affiliates, and Country Gentleman’s Horse & Carriage Service .
City of Coralville, Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, Iowa City/Coralville CVB, and the Johnson County Historical Society.