- Stormwater Management
- Stormwater Management Funds
Stormwater Management Funding
Amy FosterStormwater Coordinator
1512 7th St.
P.O. Box 5127
Coralville, IA 52241
Best Management Practices (BMP) Grants
Homeowners can receive help from the City of Coralville when installing Stormwater Best Management Practices on their property which reduce the quantity or improve the quality of stormwater runoff from their site.
Up to $2,000
Matching grants are available for installing stormwater retention tools to slow down or stop water from entering the city’s storm sewer system, creeks, and streams. With our cost share program, the City will contribute half the cost, up to $2,000, to help incorporate water quality practices like these into your landscaping and lawn care:
- rain gardens
- bio-retention cells / swales
- infiltration trenches
- pervious paving
- soil quality restoration (deep tine aeration and compost through the Your Best Lawn program)
How to Apply
Applications must be approved by the City of Coralville before the work is done to be considered. Funding is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis; available grant funding renews each year on July 1.
To apply for this program:
- Download, complete, and submit a Stormwater Quality BMP Program Application.
- Email the completed application and quote for the project to Amy Foster at email@example.com. The homeowner must attach contractor quote(s) when completing the form.
Best Management Practices (BMP) Loans
The Iowa Water Quality Loan Fund offers low-cost financing for long term / voluntary practices that manage stormwater quality.
Download information about Best Management Practices loans.