Coralville Transit Intermodal Facility
Coralville’s multi-modal transportation facility opened in August 2015. It is designed to support convenient, sustainable, and accessible community transportation options.
The Coralville Transit Intermodal Facility:
- Promotes several modes of transportation
- Increases bus ridership and ease of use
- Supports convenient, earth-friendly transportation options
- Addresses physical connectivity of the “last mile” for those who use a combination of transportation methods
The Intermodal is located in the Iowa River Landing, with easy access from Interstate 80 Exit 242.
The Intermodal includes:
- Comfortable, enclosed passenger waiting areas with protection from the elements
- Free WiFi
- Electric car charging stations in the lower parking area
- LED lighting
- Stormwater planters
- Connectivity to the trail system. View area trails
The Coralville Transit Intermodal Facility serves autos, buses, taxis, and bikes, and is planned to accommodate the future possibility of light rail.
An express bus service travels between Cedar Rapids and Iowa City, with a stop at the Coralville Transit Intermodal Facility on weekdays. An additional seasonal winter service on Saturdays stops at Coral Ridge Mall. It provides a convenient alternative for commuters traveling the I-380 corridor. The 380 Express began in 2018 and features new buses, free wi-fi, charging ports, comfortable seating, and restrooms. All buses are ADA accessible and accommodate persons in wheelchairs. About 380 Express
The Intermodal serves as an interchange and transfer point for Coralville Transit, with pass sales and transit information. View bus routes and schedules
Levels 1 & 2: Park & Ride Program
The park-and-ride commuter program features 265 covered, access-controlled parking spaces on the first two levels. Park at the Intermodal, and take another way to travel to your final destination. Overnight parking is not available.
|Park & Ride Pass||Monthly Fee*|
*Fee includes access-controlled covered parking and an unlimited ride bus pass for Coralville Transit. Contact Coralville Transit at 319.248.1790 for more information or to purchase a Park & Ride pass.
Level 3: General Parking
The third level for retail/district public parking features 159 parking spaces. Level 3 is time-limited parking. This level is flush with grade like a surface parking lot.
Secured bike lockers, restrooms, and showers are available.
Bike lockers are available to rent. For more information, contact the Coralville Transit Intermodal Facility at 319.248.1790.
The Iowa Bicycle Coalition offers bike rentals, bike education, and cycling resources at the Intermodal. For more information, visit www.iowabicyclecoalition.org.
Construction of the Coralville Transit Intermodal Facility was funded in part by federal grant funds from the Federal Transit Administration; the second phase will develop pending additional grant funding. Park-and-ride program revenue funds the facility’s operational costs, and additional revenue is dedicated to the operation and capital needs of Coralville Transit.
Construction of a second phase will include:
- Daycare for convenient childcare for those who use public transportation or commuter options
- 212 additional dedicated park-and-ride commuter spaces
- 144 locally-funded retail spaces
- "Convenient, Sustainable Transportation," Coralville Connection, Winter 2013, 5. (PDF)