- Parks & Recreation
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Coralville Community Aquatic Center
Coralville Community Aquatic Center
Summer 2023 Pool Information
June 3-August 20, 2023
Monday-Friday: 11:00 am-7:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00 pm-6:00 pm
Special Hours & Closures
June 5 & 6: Closed
July 3: Open 1:00-6:00 pm
July 4: Open 2:00pm-6:00 pm
July 28: Special hours to be determined due to RAGBRAI
*The air temperature must be above 70 degrees for the Aquatic Center to open. See "early closures" below.
About Coralville's Outdoor Aquatic Center
- 11,000+ square feet of surface water
- 25 meter, L-shaped pool
- Diving boards
- Splash deck with fountains and play structures @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Zero-depth entry
- On-deck shaded seating
- Full service concession stand
- 3 slides (including an open flume body slide, and a space bowl that circles swimmers and drops into an 8-foot pool) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
|Rate Per Person||Hours|
|$4.00||Sundays 3:00-6:00 pm|
|Free||Children under the age of two|
The Aquatic Center accepts cash, credit, or debit. No checks. We are unable to accept cash bills $50 or larger.
Do I have to pay if I don't plan to swim?
Everyone age two and older who enters the pool area, regardless of intent to swim, must pay the daily admission fee or show a season pass.
Can I leave and return?
If you leave the pool facility, you must re-pay the admission fee unless a brief departure is pre-approved by staff.
Punch Cards & Swim Passes
View rates for punch cards and swim passes for Coralville's swimming pools.
The Coralville Community Aquatic Center closes early under the following conditions:
- Air temperature is less than 70 degrees
- Weather conditions are unfavorable (including thunder or lightning)
- There are weather warnings or storms
- If attendance is less than 25 people and the air temperature is below 70 degrees for 30 consecutive minutes, one hour notice is given prior to closing early.
- If attendance is 0 for one hour, the pool closes and follows the reopening policy.
- Mechanical breakdown, chemical imbalance, staffing limitations, or any other situation for the safety of patrons.
After an early closure, the Aquatic Center reopens as follows (weather permitting):
If we cannot open at 10:30 am, we'll try to reopen at 1:30 pm.
If we cannot open at 1:30 pm, we'll try to reopen at 4:30 pm (according to our schedule).
If we cannot open at 4:30 pm, we'll remain closed for the rest of the day.
If we cannot open at 12:00 pm, we'll try to reopen at 3:15 pm.
If we cannot open at 3:15 pm, we'll remain closed for the rest of the day.
Open daily, noon - 6:00 pm
The Patio, a full-service concession stand, offers burgers, hot dogs, pizza slices, shaved ice, and more!
Celebrate special events on the Party Deck at the Coralville Community Aquatic Center!
Learn more about party rentals.
View the Coralville pool policies about supervision, diapers, flotation devices, pool toys, lockers, glass, refunds, shoes, the swim test, and slide requirements.
Reservations are required for day camps/groups to swim at the Coralville Community Aquatic Center. A group must have a reservation before swimming; group(s) arriving without reservation will be turned away.
Make a group reservation:
- Complete a group registration form (PDF)
All requests must be made one week in advance. Please email your request by the Monday before the week of your swimming date to email@example.com.