Free Concert in S.T. Morrison Park
July 3, 2022
6:30 pm: FunkDaddies
8:00 pm: Night Ranger
Where: S.T. Morrison Park, Coralville | Get directions
About: Bring blankets, lawn chairs, and prepare for a great performance at the annual 4thFest concert! The show is open to all ages.
Weather: The concert is scheduled to be held rain or shine.
All events subject to change.
The Midwest’s Hippest Band
FunkDaddies is a funk / soul / R & B band dedicated to bringing the best, funky dance music to the Midwest, performed by highly accomplished musicians. Inspired by Tower of Power, Earth Wind & Fire, and all the great Motown artists, FunkDaddies brings its own irresistible, high-energy musical show to audiences everywhere, setting a new standard for funky soul music in the Midwest.
FunkDaddies' performances feature a dynamic, soulful sound, super-tight rhythm section, and wide-ranging vocals. Members include Anthony Hendricks (vocals), John Reasoner (guitar, vocals), Ken Duncan (drums, vocals), Ken Fullard (bass, vocals), Denny Ketelsen (Hammond B3, keyboards, vocals), and Dave Shawver (saxes, flute).
With 19 years as one of the Midwest’s most popular and top-drawing bands, FunkDaddies has shared the stage with legendary acts, including The Beach Boys, Grand Funk Railroad, Al Jarreau, and 38 Special.
The learn more about FunkDaddies, visit www.funkdaddies.com.
With their well-known rock ‘n roll sound, Night Ranger has sold over 17 million albums worldwide, performed across more than 4,000 stages, and captivated a radio audience that exceeds one billion. Their popularity is fueled by an impressive number of instantly recognizable hit singles and signature album tracks, including legendary titles such as "Sister Christian," "Don't Tell Me You Love Me," "When You Close Your Eyes," and "(You Can Still) Rock In America," along with "Sentimental Street," "Goodbye," "Sing Me Away," and "Four in the Morning."
Night Ranger continues to grow their ever-evolving fan-base. With killer melodies, intricate instrumentalization, and captivating lyrics, Night Ranger has earned widespread recognition that includes both multi-platinum and gold album status, all while leaving their indelible mark on the music industry with a long list of best-selling albums.
Over the years, the band's music has been featured in global media and pop culture. Night Ranger was one of the first big "video" bands on MTV, with over ten number one hit videos. Their songs can be heard in television shows like The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, American Dad, Glee, Grey's Anatomy, and Parks & Recreation. The band’s music has been featured in video games such as Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and Grand Theft Auto; the hit Broadway musical Rock of Ages, the Oscar-nominated film Boogie Nights, and other feature films such as Friday the 13th, Teachers, Sixteen Candles, and The Secret of My Success. Most recently the band’s classic hit “Sister Christian” can be heard in a Dr. Pepper commercial. They can also be heard throughout JBL’s "Hear The Truth" brand campaign.
Night Ranger released their twelfth studio album, "ATBPO” (And The Band Played On), an ode to making music during the COVID era, on August 6, 2021 via Frontiers Music Srl. Album is available on CD, color vinyl (a variety of limited edition versions), and digital. The band began writing the album in early 2020, amid the rise of the global pandemic. After narrowing down the song selection and tightening them up to their well-known rock ‘n roll sound, the band hit the studio, although separately, due to the times we are in. Throughout ATBPO we hear Night Ranger continuing their hot streak that kicked off with 2011's "Somewhere In California." Ten years on, and two highly acclaimed albums later, "High Road" and "Don't Let Up," the band's latest studio work shows them still burning with that high octane hard rock energy.
Night Ranger is Jack Blades (bass, vocals), Kelly Keagy (drums, vocals), Brad Gillis (lead and rhythm guitars), Eric Levy (keyboards), and Keri Kelli (lead and rhythm guitars). To learn more about Night Ranger, visit www.nightranger.com.
Night Ranger photo: Kevin Baldes
- Josh Turner (2021)
- Journey former lead vocalist Steve Augeri (2019)
- Rick Springfield (2018)
- Tommy James and the Shondells (2017)
- The Oak Ridge Boys (2016)
- Loverboy (2015)
- Jefferson Starship (2014)
- 38 Special (2013) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Lonestar (2012)
- Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone (2011)
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (2010)
- Dennis DeYoung: The Music of STYX (2009)
- The Guess Who (2008)
- Grand Funk Railroad (2007)
- The Charlie Daniels Band (2006)
- Little River Band (2005) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Kansas (2004)
- Blood, Sweat, and Tears (2003)
- America (2002)
- Three Dog Night (2001)
- The Platters, The Drifters, and The Marvelettes (2000)
- Chubby Checker (1999)
- The Mamas & the Papas (1998) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Are pets allowed at 4thFest?
- Is smoking allowed at 4thFest?
- Are coolers allowed at the 4thFest concert? Can I bring alcohol?
- Can I put up a pop up tent, canopy, or sun shade for the concert?
- Are grills allowed at 4thFest?
- What items are not allowed in the park during 4thFest?
- Are there seats in the park during 4thFest?