Parks & Recreation
COVID-19 Information (Parks & Rec)
New Hours for Recreation Center
Times based on age groups and program types
The Coralville Recreation Center will begin a modified schedule on Tuesday, September 8. The schedule will have assigned times for different age groups and program types. This will allow equitable use among different ages and abilities while maintaining a reduced capacity for social distancing. Fall Recreation Center hours...
Watts Group looking forward to bringing a Farmers' Market to the Iowa River Landing. Read on...
Check out the latest Parks and Recreation programs! Read on...
Closure is estimated to last until late October Read on...
Fresh Air & Fun
Here at Parks and Recreation, we miss you! We know it’s hard not to be able to join us at the Rec Center, the pool, or on the playing field.
Get outside and enjoy the park and trail system while following good social distancing guidelines:
- Use parks and trails with your household only. Do not gather in groups.
- Keep at least six feet from others, and announce before passing another person.
- Watch children to make sure they keep their hands away from their face.
- Take hand sanitizer with you while you explore.
- Wash hands immediately when you return home.
Things to do
- Try a scavenger hunt to explore parks and find the gold stone we’ve placed at various locations in the park system. Scavenger hunt (PDF)
- Try a guided walk with activities at the Iowa River Landing Wetland Park.
- Follow our activities on Facebook and Twitter and post the ways you are staying active at #coralvillekeepsmoving like trying the Trick Shot Challenge or singing along with Nancy.
Job Opportunities Available
Coralville Parks and Recreation is accepting applications for lifeguards, swim instructors, and staff for before and after school programs. Hours and shifts vary based on your availability and program schedules. See jobs