Parks & Recreation
COVID-19 Information (Parks & Rec)
Coralville Pools Open with ModificationsCoralville pools will open June 29, 2020 for recreational swimming with modifications. Read on...
Exercise Room Opens June 8 by Appointment
The Coralville Recreation Center will begin allowing the use of the exercise room by appointment on June 8, 2020. Read on...
Lap Swim Opens June 8 by Appointment
Lap swimming and water walking at the Indoor Pool is available by appointment beginning June 8, 2020. Read on...
Summer Registration Is Open for Summer Programs
Some programs have been modified or delayed to meet current COVID-19 restrictions.
Classes descriptions can be found in the Summer 2020 Activity Guide. Some dates or class information may have changed after the guide was published. To see an updated summary of what classes may be changed, view the updated summer class list (PDF).
- Coralville residents: Thursday, May 21 through Wednesday, May 27.
- Non-residents: Begins Thursday, May 28 (Coralville residents may continue registration during this time).
- By phone at 319.248.1750, Monday through Friday from 7:30 am-4:30 pm through May 29. Registrations will also be taken by phone on Saturday, May 23 from 9:00 am-3:00 pm.
- Online for most programs, 24 hours a day. Register online
- By mail at 1506 8th Street using the form in the Activity Guide. View activity guide
- In person at the Coralville Recreation Center beginning Monday, June 1.
Coralville residents given priority attendance with early admittance hours daily. Read on...
Fresh Air & Fun
Here at Parks and Recreation, we miss you! We know it’s hard not to be able to join us at the Rec Center, the pool, or on the playing field.
Get outside and enjoy the park and trail system while following good social distancing guidelines:
- Use parks and trails with your household only. Do not gather in groups.
- Keep at least six feet from others, and announce before passing another person.
- Watch children to make sure they keep their hands away from their face.
- Take hand sanitizer with you while you explore.
- Wash hands immediately when you return home.
Things to do
- Try a scavenger hunt to explore parks and find the gold stone we’ve placed at various locations in the park system. Scavenger hunt (PDF)
- Try a guided walk with activities at the Iowa River Landing Wetland Park.
- Follow our activities on Facebook and Twitter and post the ways you are staying active at #coralvillekeepsmoving like trying the Trick Shot Challenge or singing along with Nancy.
Job Opportunities Available
Coralville Parks and Recreation is accepting applications for lifeguards, swim instructors, and staff for before and after school programs. Hours and shifts vary based on your availability and program schedules. See jobs