Streetlight Outages

Streetlights in Coralville
The majority of streetlights in Coralville are owned and maintained by Linn County REC and MidAmerican Energy. The City owns and maintains some decorative streetlighting throughout Coralville.

Report a Streetlight Outage
Who do I contact?
Report a streetlight outage directly to the party that owns it:

  • If the streetlight is on a wooden pole, use the electrical service boundary map below to determine which utility company to contact: 

Linn County REC
Ph: 800.332.5420
Report it to Linn County REC

MidAmerican Energy
Ph: 888.427.5632
Report it to MidAmerican Energy

  • If the streetlight is on a decorative, metal pole, it is likely owned by the City:

Coralville Streets Department
Ph: 319.248.1740   
Report it to the City

  • If you are unsure who owns and maintains the streetlight, please contact the Coralville Streets Department at 319.248.1740 and we will forward the request to the correct entity.
What information is needed?
  • Streetlight location (street name, adjacent address or closest intersection, and the side of the street)
  • Type of problem (streetlight doesn't light, buzzes, flickers, stays on, etc.)
  • It is helpful to provide your contact information

Utility Company Streetlight

Wooden Streetlight

City-Owned Streetlight

Decorative Streetlight

To see which utility company is responsible for the light, see the Iowa Utilities Board electrical service boundaries map below, or see the at-a-glance map at the bottom of this page.

Electrical Service Boundaries

Electrical Service Boundaries