City Council & Mayor
City Council Meetings
- 6:30 pm on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month
- City Hall 1512 7th St.
- Work sessions, open to the public, follow most meetings
- Watch past City Council meeting videos
- Watch live City Council meeting video (livestreams during City Council meetings at 6:30 pm on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month)
Coralville, IA 52241
Accommodations: City Council meetings are open to all individuals regardless of language spoken or disability. Assistive listening devices are available upon request. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate, contact the City Clerk's office at 319.248.1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two business days prior to the meeting.
City Council Documents
Agendas/Packets & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
City Council Work Session Notes
Available following the meetings.
Sign up to automatically receive City Council agendas and minutes.
City Council meetings and work sessions are open to the public.
- Live Broadcast: Watch live on CoralVision (Mediacom Channel 5 / 118-8 digital) and online during Council Meetings. Watch CoralVision Live
- Rebroadcast: Watch pre-recorded Council meetings on CoralVision (Mediacom Channel 5 / 118-8 digital). View schedule
- Online: Available any time through CoralVision video on demand. Watch past City Council meetings
Audio recordings are available. Contact Thor Johnson, City Clerk, by email or at 319.248.1700.
Anyone is welcome to attend City Council meetings and participate in public hearings or speak during citizen comments. Citizens have two opportunities to address the Council during council meetings:
Council meetings begin with citizen comments, when a citizen may speak to the Council on any issue, as long as it is not scheduled later in the agenda as a public hearing.
Public hearings also allow for citizen comments relevant to the topic of the hearing. Such comments may also be submitted in writing to the City Clerk prior to the meeting.
Submit comments in writing to the City Clerk's office (1512 7th St., Coralville, IA, 52241, or email@example.com) no later than 5:00 pm on the day of the Council meeting.
The City Clerk is responsible for ordinances, resolutions, minutes, and the City Code. The office publishes notices, ordinances, and minutes, and assists staff and the public in researching information. Learn about the City Clerk.
City Council Members
The City of Coralville has a Mayor-Council form of government.
- The City Council consists of five Council Members elected at large for overlapping terms of four years (City Code, Ch. 17.01).
- The City Administrator is appointed by the City Council and serves at the discretion of the Council. Learn about the City Administrator
- The Mayor is elected at large for a two-year term. The Mayor is not a member of the Council and does not vote as a member of the Council (City Code, Ch. 15.05).
Learn about city elections.